The 30,000 Suburi Challenge is a challenge to all Kendoko, regardless as to whether they are a beginner, senior, in bogu, on no bogu! The only requirement is that you are willing, able and committed to doing the following challenge:
1,000 Suburi EVERY day for the next 30-days (11 September to 10 October 2016) that will accumulate to 30,000 saburi!
Terms & Conditions are as follows:
- 1,000 Suburi to be done within a 24-hrs period;
- Any Suburi is acceptable (men, kote, do);
- The challenge can be done at your own pace (fast, slow, etc…);
- PROPER Suburi is encourage with correct footwork and counting-kiai (unless there are valid reasons for not being able to do so);
- The Suburi can be broken down into any segments to suit your schedule, but must equate to 1,000 at the end of each day (e.g. 500 in the morning, 250 at lunch, 250 at dinner);
- If you miss a day’s 1,000 Suburi, it will rollover to the next day (i.e. You will do 2,000 Suburi the next day). If you missing it a 2nd time, the accumulated total will rollover to the next day (i.e. 3,000 the following day);
- You can only skip up to a maximum of 3 consecutive days. Thereafter, you are required to exit from the challenge by notifying the SAKF;
- If you only do 800 in the one day, the FULL 1,0000 will rollover to the next day;
- Normal Kendo class training DOES NOT count towards to 1,000 Suburi per day;
- All challengers are to post to the Facebook group event at least 3 times a week of a picture/video/comment/status of them regarding the challenge. Event address is: www.facebook.com/events/1658543494474594/
- If you are not a Facebook user, you are to post to this blog on the SAKF website (at least 3 times a week);
- All challengers are to be included in a WhatsApp group which will help motivate everyone in keep with the challenge for the next 30 days;
- The honour-system will be in place. No one is there to ensure that you are doing your 1,000 Suburi everyday in earnest. You will hold yourself accountable and will be expected to be truthful in this challenge;
- Challengers who are successful will be presented with a certificate of participation at the 2016 International Kendo Seminar in October. If you are not present at the seminar, it will be sent to you via mail;
- Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, contact details and dojo name to confirm your participation (latest by 10 September 2016).
Nelson Mandela said, “It always seems impossible until it is done”. Join us and let’s make the impossible, POSSIBLE!