The Annual SAKF seminar has been scheduled for 14-16 October 2016 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The following sensei’s have already been confirmed to be attending:
- Uwe KUMPF Sensei (7th Dan, Kyoshi) – Germany
- Markus FREY Sensei (7th dan Kyoshi) – Finland
- Thibault BRUNEL DE BONNEVILLE Sensei (7th dan) – France
- Kazuko KUMPF (6th dan) – Germany
- Tony HUGHES (6th dan) – South Africa
It will be a jam-packed agenda over the 3 days that will cater for kendoka of all levels, including a kyu and dan grade examination, and an open competition for those in bogu!
Because of the high calibre of sensei’s that are going to be at this seminar, we anticipate a few international kendo players will be coming to this event too!
The expectation is also that most of our South African members will also be coming to the event, so please DIARISE these dates NOW!
HOWEVER, the implication is that that we are now on the HUNT for a bigger venue to host the event.
We require the assistance of ALL our members to please assist us in finding a suitable venue. The following venue criteria is required:
- A venue with a hall that has a well-kept wooden floor with high ceilings, adequate lighting and is well-ventilated that can accommodate 80- 100 people;
- Have 2 additional rooms at the venue that can accommodate +- 20-30 people (wooden floor and high ceilings preferable);
If you have a venue in mind, but not sure if it meets the requirements exactly, kindly let the SAKF know and we will conduct a site-visits!
With your assistance, we can make this one of our biggest and successful seminars yet!